01 April 2012

And the beat goes on

Home again, and waiting for Delta to deliver the luggage they sent first to San Diego and then to Salt Lake City. Thanks, Delta! I always wanted my dirty clothing to travel several hundred more miles than I did.

But, home again.

The weekend was a whirlwind, and it represented the final portion of the intelligence gathering stage--as if we haven't been doing enough of that for the last two years. Still, it helped the son to arrive at a decision. He's been quite fortunate to have been accepted for admission to a lot of very fine schools, including the two top state universities.

I'm just glad that this part is done.

I can't believe I have to go through it all again with the daughter, starting next year when she sits for her first PSAT.

I do firmly believe that at some point, I will be able to turn these two over to the world at large so they can start leading their own lives and I can get on with mine.

These days, it seems like a fond hope.

Go listen to some good music: "Ball of Confusion" from the album Express by Love and Rockets.

No comments: