29 February 2012

The long and winding road...

...to hell that is paved with good intentions.

It's been quite a month. I've got a few hours to finish documents for the latest round of the kid's financial aid applications. Ridiculous what this process has become.

I was sad to hear of Davy Jones' death this morning. Another little piece of childhood gone to dust. I never watched The Monkees TV show--I really don't care for that kind of slapstick comedy--but their music was ubiquitous, and so much of that pop was really good pop. Cheerful and singable and accessible. And even pre-pubescent, I was wholly susceptible to the charms of Davy Jones and the late Jack Wild. Of course, the charm waned a little by the time I hit about 11, and realized that I was taller than both of them.

(Inevitably, I ended up taller than the average US male, too.)

Alright, back to the grind. It's a new month tomorrow. Aren't I happy.

Go listen to some music: "The Long and Winding Road" from the album Let It Be by The Beatles.

No comments: