23 October 2011

...but I keep my mouth shut

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a party, and one of the people I was speaking with asked about the kids and where they were in school.

"The son is a senior this year," I said with a significant sigh.

"Oh, so you're going through that crap," she replied, having just sent her youngest to college.

And we are in the thick of it.

As much as I'm trying to divorce myself from the process, as much as I'm trying to keep myself out of the equation, I keep getting pulled back in. It's a bit like a horror movie where the protagonist escapes for a moment only to be grabbed by the legs and dragged into the darkness.

Less said, the better.

Go listen to some good music: "Face Up" from the album Roll the Bones by Rush. This is just where I am right now. And it means that I can't be much of anywhere else. I'm exasperated.

No comments: