08 August 2011

Been caught stealing

Since returning home, I've been slammed with oddments of work and kids' school, and there's been no time for play.

(Or writing.)

The title, of course, is a reference to our government, which seems to have successfully destroyed what little financial stability was salvaged after 2009. I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of Obama, who really should have known better than to get up to the business that he has since he took office. He may refuse to accept the burden, but I won't accept his finger pointing. I didn't expect much from the campaign promises that I paid for with my vote, but I wanted some progress, some measure of responsibility, some modicum of common sense. And once again, I've been robbed. This presidency is a failure, utter and complete.

Do these fools watch TV, I wonder? Do they really believe that an Arab Spring, an English Summer, might not suddenly become an American Autumn?

I for one fervently hope it doesn't come to that. None of us need more chaos. But I worry. I worry a lot.

Go listen to some good music: "Been Caught Stealing" from the album Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction. I am trying to bite my tongue, but I am so, so, SO disgusted with the President and with Congress. Offer solutions? You bet: make public service a service with no remuneration whatsoever. No pay, no benefits, no nice gym, no dining room. No privileges whatsoever. They seem to have forgotten that yes, I am the boss of them. Along with my fellow Americans.

No comments: