28 April 2011

Ignore the splinter

I had Porcupine Tree's Deadwing on today while I was working out. I'd forgotten how much I liked that album and it was a good distraction through 112 minutes of fun. With weights. And stuff.

Watched in horror as tornadoes ripped through the south yesterday and moved up toward my hometown this morning. So far as I know, my mom was spared this time. So many were not so lucky.

The daughter and I have been invited to a tea on Sunday to view tomorrow's proceedings, presumably via the magic of Tivo. Isn't time travel marvelous? We are to wear hats. I've offered to provide scones.

(People's attitudes toward this wedding are so weird. Mostly, I am uninterested, but I certainly wish the pair well. I don't understand the sourness attendant to the proceedings nor the unbridled enthusiasm. I wish the media would just let them get on with their young lives and allow them some privacy.)

The later it becomes, the crankier I get. I ache. There are problems. Bigger than a splinter. But they cannot interfere with this trip to New York.

I should probably blog early in the day.

Go listen to some good music: "Shallow" from the album Deadwing by Porcupine Tree.

No comments: