06 December 2010

Winter contingency

The son: "What are we doing this weekend?"

Me, groaning: "Really. Busy. Weekend."

The son: "Oh. Well, if I have to go to somebody's house Saturday morning...?"

Me: "?"

The son: "Finals project for History."

Me: "Well, somebody could come over here."

The son, into cellphone that I didn't know he was holding: "Dude. We can do it here. We just need to touch base with the other guys. That ok? Ok, man, talk to you later."

Me: "?"

The son, with some excitement: "...and then we can play on the Xbox when we're done with the project...!"

Me: "Uh, I don't remember saying anything about that."

The son, slightly severely: "Mom. These are the guys who know you play Halo."

Me, incredulously: "You want me to play with you?"

The son: "Rawk!"

Go listen to some music: "Winter Contingency" from the album Halo Reach (Original soundtrack) by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori. This was the funniest part of my day. I've been quite insanely busy and would rather be anywhere but here. But I have a contingency clause in my contract, though I can't use that option for a bit yet. Enough said?

No comments: