24 November 2010

Pressure...

Feeling a little stressed about Thanksgiving? I'm not, much. I'm still cleaning up after the last round of house guests before the next bunch descends.

And I have to cook enough food for an army.

What else is new?

Anyway, if you're feeling overwhelmed by tomorrow's cooking foray, read this Q&A with Butter Queen Paula Deen. I was laughing out loud. (Link via PopCandy.)

(Of course, you know my turkey has been in the refrigerator for a couple of days already...)

And you know, something she didn't talk about, but I'll just add: expect the unexpected guest. I get at least one almost every year. You just add another chair to the table, and set another place. Even if it's the person you most loathe in the world (and I've had him or her, too). It's nothing to get wound up about, though I know people who do (and sometimes, it's been me).

Okay, I'm off to make pies. And mashed potatoes. And cranberry sauce. And to cut up vegetables. And clean up the mincemeat that leaked all over the refrigerator last night...

You know the drill.

Go listen to some good music: "Under Pressure" by Queen & David Bowie from the album Best of Bowie. I canNOT seem to type straight today...

No comments: