13 August 2010

Find another road to take

It's Friday the 13th!

Someone with whom I once worked was adamant that Friday the 13th was a lucky day. I don't generally think of days as lucky or not (although I had an epic bike crash as a kid on Thursday, October 12--concussion and everything--so I didn't think too highly of Thursday, the 12th for awhile), but I'm willing to work with that idea. Besides, I get a concert tonight, which automatically makes it a good day, right?

(Yes, dammit! I've had enough of obstruction.)

Anyway, the boy made it safely through yesterday's car rally/driver training (as did my car), though he's doing more of the same today, skidding, slaloming and what not through Irvine Meadows' parking lot. I asked him what Samuel L. Jackson thought of the proceedings, and K. indicated that he was "looking on approvingly."

Who knows what lurks in the mind of a 16-year-old boy learning to drive?

I guess I'll find out since I have to head down mid-afternoon to watch the boy skid, slalom and what not through the parking lot.

I hold on.

Go listen to some good music: "We Hold On" from the album Snakes and Arrows by Rush. I have reached the point where I will move heaven and earth to do what needs to be done. Probably a good point to have arrived at. And yeah, it's worth it.

No comments: