27 July 2010

Come together

A few weeks ago, the spouse called me from work and told me that the irrepressible Ms. CL had decided that he, along with everyone else she'd recruited for this pursuit, was going to buy tickets to see Cheap Trick and Aerosmith at Irvine Meadows. Did I want to go?

"Kids?" I hollered. "Do you want to go see Aerosmith?"

"NO!" they hollered from the safety of the Xbox.

"No," I told the spouse. Poor man, I'd already poured cold water on his idea to go see Ted Nugent.

(He's perfectly welcome to go see Ted Nugent on his own. I go to concerts by myself all the time.)

Ten dollar lawn tickets, he said, a little desperately. It sounded like CL might be in his office.

Forty bucks, I thought. Pretty cheap entertainment for an evening under the stars. But Cheap Trick? Aerosmith? Never had any interest in seeing either.

"Meh..." I said. "But whatever you want to do."

So, we're going to see Cheap Trick and Aerosmith on Thursday night, along with friends and hangers on. I am to bring a large (homemade, of course) deli sandwich for the pre-concert feeding frenzy.

I just hope the show's not too boring.

Go listen to some music: "Come Together" from the album Aerosmith's Greatest Hits by Aerosmith. Okay, if you know me, you will appreciate both the irony and the tongue-in-cheek nature of this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that you should be in for a nice surprise. I haven't seen Aerosmith in years but I saw Cheap Trick 2 weeks ago and they sounded great! Robin Zander, unlike Roger Daltry, still has his voice for a full show and Rick Nielsen is still a great showman and a vastly under-rated lead guitarist.
Besides, with Surrender, Dream Police and I Want You to Want Me...plus Aerosmith, how can you go wrong?

guerrilla girl said...

Well, that's good news. Thanks!