12 March 2010

Undisclosed desires

I'm in a wicked mood today. A wickedly good mood.

Which is not to be confused with yesterday's wickedly bad mood, wherein I loudly blew a gasket. My meltdown mightily amused the offspring, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

The good mood stems from a number of things, including but not limited to my 5-1/2 mile march down the channel trail and elsewhere (it takes about 2-1/2 miles before I'm no longer in agony and actually enjoying stomping around, so it's the latter 3 miles that's nice), the glorious day smelling of spring (and the false acacia that is making me sneeze my bloody head off), and the prospect of hopping on the train down to San Diego for a photo workshop soon. Of course, the nice bit of lox I had for breakfast didn't go amiss either.

Looking ahead, I have to be in Hollywood a couple of days next month, and I'm trying to figure out if I can squeeze T. in the last weekend, and then once in D.C., maybe hop another train up to New York for the trip I didn't get to make last year, dammit. Because I'm nothing if not ambitious.

And where ambition is concerned, I suppose mine is misplaced. I've never had the desire for untold riches and fabulous fame. I only ask that the world doesn't bore me, and I live for the pursuit of anti-boredom. That's not as easy as it sounds, nor is it a small demand. It puts me in the position of learning all that I can about, well, everything. Which is both my strength and my downfall. Hence, the weirdness goes on, and in my own true style, I said just enough, poked the right amount, and voila! Produced a howitzer. Which makes it all the more likely that another call is coming, and hello! There goes my summer.

All the while, I'm waiting for a different call. Looking for a reason to say no to one and yes to the other. Because that is my strength and my downfall.

Hurry.

Go listen to some good music: "Undisclosed Desires" from the album The Resistance by Muse.

No comments: