31 March 2010

And I'm waiting patiently...

You may be making plans for your escape, but that doesn't mean you'll actually go anywhere.

That's what you think, horoscope.

Next week, I have to head to Hollywood at some point, and potentially, a site visit to...look at a site. Because I look at sites sometimes. For...reasons. Lots of them. Usually mysterious ones. Because I am mysterious.

Evidently.

Anyway, so yeah. Not like Hollywood is the end of the Earth, but there it is.

The beginning.

At least, it better be. Of something.

Something beautiful.

And as of tomorrow, When All This Actual Life Played Out, my new photo blog, is officially open for business. I mean it's up and running now, though I'm sure I'll keep tweaking for a bit, but overall, everything seems to be in place. And I'm amused by it.

I'd forgotten how hard it is to get a blog going. Of course, when I started this one four years ago, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing (still don't!), and things like feeds and CC licenses got added over time. Today, I was running from the oven to the desk and back, checking cookies, tweaking code, spritzing more cookies, laughing at a photo, scooping cookies onto a rack...

Blogs. (She shakes her head)

What am I doing writing a blog anyway?

The pink bag is sitting in the closet. I feel its baleful vibe. We are both hoping against hope that nothing is going to get in the way of it emerging from the closet, hopefully in a very few weeks to torture (with love) T. The first of many journeys.

We hope.

Tonight, J. called me, and as we went over the last things for tomorrow's party, we turned to discussion of the Graduation Luncheon and I felt a frisson sweep through me.

Jigsaw falling into place.

Go listen to some good music: "Exo-Politics" from the album Black Holes and Revelations by Muse. Muse amuses the hell out of me. They have the bombast of Queen, the off-the-wall style of Radiohead, the sci-fi opera pretensions that Rush is always accused of producing (but haven't figured on a Rush album in about 30 years--which is fine), and they are bloody loud. I like loud. And I'm waiting...

1 comment:

Deb said...

The pink bag! Milton is going to be pissed.