12 February 2010

To make this last for as long as I could

The first time I felt connected anything.

The way you taught me to look past everything I had ever learned.

The final word in the final sentence you uttered to me was...

I still dream of you sometimes.

Go listen to some good music: "Make this Go On Forever" from the album Eyes Open by Snow Patrol. The first three lines come from the chorus of this song, as does the title, which has been on my running playlist since I could still run (that's over three years ago). They have particular meaning for me, recall one of those perfect moments in time, and yesterday, a post was coming together around those words when I was exploring the new piece of trail, but when I sat down to write it out today, what I had in my head was just gone. Today, less will have to be more.

No comments: