05 February 2010

Rock around the clock

My life is full of unfinished business at the moment, and with days like today, I'm no closer to finishing anything.

Then there is the open unfinished business, which isn't going to be finished any time soon. Some business has its own time frame, it's own momentum, it's own energy and nothing I do will budge it. I know. And in this case half the fun may be the finishing. It's just slow.

And I'm not patient.

It is raining. I know it seems like I've talked a lot about rain lately, but truth to tell, we aren't even close to this year's full allocation of rain. We've officially been declared out of a drought, which here is meaningless. With all the waste, it's always drought.

(Whoops, don't let my water politics show.)

The LA Times, of all things, led me to the most impossibly funny site: Unhappy Hipsters. Definitely good for a giggle, especially if you've ever worked with architects or have an opinion about architecture. Probably even if you haven't and you don't.

And now that I've enjoyed a glass of wine and a lot of laughter with our friends whilst picking up the daughter, I bid you, "Bonne nuit!"

Go listen to some music: "Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and His Comets was briefly used as the theme song to the 1970s TV show Happy Days. This is only significant because tonight G. said that the daughter looked like Pinky Tuscadero and she had no idea what he was talking about. And she doesn't, but it was still funny.

No comments: