01 January 2010

If you'd only say yes...

What happens now is anybody's guess.

It's a new year! Aren't you happy?

2002-2008 were some of the best and most instructive years of my life. I want 2010 to be the next chapter.

Which is why I'm not holding on to hope. That's a far more passive approach than I usually take with life. Not to say that I always have a clear cut plan. Often I return home from looking at the world only to wail, "...but what am I supposed to do?"

Oh, I know I'm supposed to be there. And there. And wherever else I'm intended to show up. And I do it for you. And for them. And the second cousin in Virginia. Why isn't always immediately apparent.

(sometimes it's just for fun)

Things happen. I laugh. I worry. I wonder. I think up the next adventure.

But I can't do it alone. Even if I want to. I always try to do things alone. I take charge; I don't delegate, and I put the full burden on myself. It doesn't always work that way. It can't. I know that now.

So come along with me. It'll be an adventure. I already know the what, and I've worked out the why doesn't matter, if there is even an answer to that one. We've already come this far.

Yes.

Go listen to some good music: "Yes" from the album Viva La Vida by Coldplay. That was fun. Sometimes, I love words.

No comments: