16 November 2009

Prelude and fugue in F minor: I. Prelude

Fraught.

Such a great word.

At present, my life seems fraught...

...with danger.
...with peril.
...with uncertainty.
...with my constant companion, boredom.
...with unwitting chaos (not to be mistaken for my usual brand of witting chaos).
...with annoyance.
...with beauty.
...with hope. Oh, I am so hopeful!

The house is fraught with the sound of the son (sophomore in high school) freaking out because the school has demanded he create a "resume" in preparation for college.

"I haven't done anything yet!" he wails.

"So, you're starting early," I tell him in sanguine fashion.

It's going to be a long couple of years.

Visualize things that are beautiful, the horoscope said. For once I take the advice, and all day, as the sadness of the world has pulled me down, I stopped and thought about what and who I love. I thought about parrots against a sunset, music, the perfect moment in time, my son and daughter, the cat rolling around the floor in flirt mode.

And I am fraught...

...with the potential for joy.

Go listen to some good music: "Prelude and Fugue in F Minor, BWV 534: I. Prelude" from the album Bach: Complete Organ Music by Christopher Herrick.

No comments: