04 November 2009

Me in my bubble of germified air

I'm just going to go ahead and whine about it and get it out of my system.

May I please just be healthy now?

I came down with this last Wednesday (isn't today Wednesday, too? I think it is). It started just before I went to bed: my throat was suddenly scratchy and I had a stupid little dry cough. I felt sort of rotten most of the weekend, what with the sneezing and coughing both of which were helping to keep me up at night, but wasn't sure if it was *something* or allergies.

Oh, it's *something* alright. What *it* is up for debate, and I'm not going anywhere near a doctor's office unless my lips turn blue.

So, yes, yesterday's post was intended to be a lot longer, and today's was not intended to be viral (pun intended). And I'm still trying to figure out if the dentist's assistant actually did call me this morning to ask for help in writing a letter of recommendation for her niece for an internship at a local hospital, or if the whole conversation was a hallucination.

Blerk.

Go listen to some good music: "Lightbulb Sun" from the album Lightbulb Sun by Porcupine Tree.

Mas tarde, as in next day: yeah, I'm coughing hard enough that it feels like my head is going to explode and my lungs sound like the lovely burble you get from a deep sea diver's helmet. Frankly, it's all making me a bit sick (as opposed to ill, you know), and the recipe for this concoction posted at Hot Knives just about sent me running. Unfortunately, it also made me laugh, which sent me into paroxysms of coughing, and now I'm right back where I started. Seriously, it isn't even the list of ingredients that's making me green, it's the color. Okay, and the chile. And the idea of Southern Comfort. Gah. (Found via LA Times Daily Dish. Dear God, I'd rather run a mile right about now.)

No comments: