02 May 2009

Leopard-skin pill-box hat

Mercury is retrograde.

(No, I don't know what that means either, but it sounds portentous. Maybe pretentious. Something, anyway.)

Pentathlon today. My fourth, the second child's first. Many children, so liberal applications of Purell all around. The lead coach told our kids that if they heard anyone sneeze, they should hold their breath as long as possible. I laughed so hard, I nearly cried.

"No, really," she said. "I heard a doctor say that."

"Okay," I replied, biting my lip to quell another paroxysm. Who am I to say it wouldn't work?

And yes, of course, I baked muffins for the team. Because that's what I do.

We watched last week's episode of Lost tonight and I fell asleep while Faraday stalked around being more portentous than Mercury retrograde. The son said I snored (because he can be a teenage twit that way), which the spouse refuted.

So, now I need to sleep for real. Perchance to snore. Someday I'll actually blog for real. Then you can snore.

Go listen to some good music: "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat" by Beck from the album War Child - Heroes, Vol. 1. I love Beck's cover of this song.

No comments: