20 February 2009

In the evening

Right about now, I'm supposed to be baking a birthday cake.

If I had a webcam, this is what you'd see:

Me. Baking a cake. Dancing to "In the Evening."

Yeah, the Led Zep "In the Evening."

Plenty of my body is broken. My hips aren't.

"Natural Science" and "Digital Man" up next. The volume control on my voice isn't broken either, just permanently set to "deafening."

Now, you know why I don't have a webcam. And why the mailman runs scared.

Carry on. I have a cake to bake.

Go listen to some good music: "In the Evening" from the album Mothership by Led Zeppelin. It has not been the best week, and I know a lot of other people are already emotionally drained, and I don't want to add to it. So I try to keep things light and on an even keel. Usually that means turning the music up loud. Most of what I was listening to today holds precious and hilarious memories for one reason or another. And I also found an old email that detailed exactly how much I didn't want to get on the tiny plane that was taking me from Moline to St. Paul last May. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

No comments: