05 December 2008

Reckoner

The son and the daughter are watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

In Japanese.

There are advantages to having a computer monitor as big as a TV screen; I have my DVD on in another window. I've had no time to watch it (being bored does not equate to having nothing to do), and now I'm bouncing along in my seat as I write.

Sitting still is rarely in my vocabulary, and there are a lot of good memories there.

It's going to be a long weekend, and likely not a terribly pleasant one.

Sitting still is rarely in my vocabulary, and I'm thinking...New York. January or February. When it's really cold and no one else is there. I have no reason. But I'll figure one out.

The way out is the way in.

Go listen to some good music: "Reckoner" from the album In Rainbows by Radiohead. Why New York? The daughter has been listening to The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler again, and I realized I've not spent enough time at MMA. Or in New York for that matter. And not in a very long time. So barring complications...barring ennui...

No comments: