13 November 2008

Harmony

I could actually continue to post recipes here until Kingdom Come, but no. Bored now. Out of nearly 400 posts, relatively few have anything to do with the kitchen, though, I do, indeed, live in mine.

This morning the spouse woke me at 4:30 to say good-bye; he had a day full of meetings in NoCal, and it only belatedly occurred to me that I should have gone with him and spent the day in San Francisco. I would have been home in time to pick up the kids from school.

But no. I dozed a bit longer, falling prey to spinning thoughts, as I'm wont to do at that hour. I took everyone to school. The daughter was off on a field trip, the son just to school, and I had plenty to do, including making the chicken enchiladas I'd been promising the spouse for dinner.

(Recipe? Here. Except I make mine flat, more Sonoran style, than rolled.)

I am reading Moloka'i by Alan Brennert, historical fiction, that is historically interesting, though not especially well written fiction.

It was a supremely boring day. Sometimes, that's better than interesting, though uninspiring. The kids got home from school, the spouse was back by 4:30, and dinner was served on time.

Sometimes, that's enough.

Go listen to some music: "Harmony" from the album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John.

No comments: