29 October 2008

If there's a rocket tie me to it

(If you're looking for a download, you won't find one here.)

Shopping alert for North Central Orange County:

Since I've had to visit every grocery store in this part of the county hunting down non-perishables for holiday food boxes, I thought I'd let the grieving know that there are a couple of stores out there that still have some Mother's cookies. Only a few varieties--I think you're only going to find Circus Animals on ebay at this point. I'm not a big fan of commercially-produced cookies, but I know a lot of people are on the look out since the company shut down operations a few weeks ago.

(I bought my family a farewell package of Circus Animals when I heard the company had shut down. They love those nasty little pink and white cookies. The son wanted to frame the empty bag, and he took me to task for abominating two of his favorite food groups: Circus Animals and Peeps).

It's been another run-around day.

My little Camry, which is now over 11 years old, has only one real problem (other than the fact that the battery dies, something to which I object strenuously), and that is a screwy connection in the right turn signal. Toyota has looked at it, fiddled with it, replaced it, and it still occasionally will suddenly do double time. The last mechanic who messed with it told me, "I hate to say this, but just slug the car here." And he slugged it there, and the turn signal resumed its normal rhythm, and that's what I've been doing ever since.

This morning, on my post-grocery and post-Trader Joe's runs, I turned into the Office Whomever (can't keep track of which is Depot and which is Max) parking lot, and the turn signal began to double time. I was highly distracted (as usual), and only remembered that I wanted to smack it after I started off to the store. So I turned around, smacked it, and the car alarm went off. That's never happened before, and of course, everyone had to look. But now the turn signal is working properly again.

And yesterday, grocery again, I finally had to break down and pay $6 for a fresh pumpkin. After, of course, upending myself in the bin trying to grab the one at the bottom.

We'll just bypass what happened with the soy sauce.

Been that kind of day...month...quarter.

Go listen to some good music: "If There's a Rocket Tie Me To It" from the album A Hundred Million Suns by Snow Patrol.

No comments: