19 September 2008

Constellation of the heart

My life requires far too much explanation. I am, evidently, allergic to the idea of simplicity. I don't make dinner, I make Three Cheese Tortellini with Porcini Mushroom Sauce* and Salad of Baby Greens and Apples with Dried Cherries and Walnuts**.

I wish I was kidding.

So, I'm not going to explain this:

"Despite sweetly urging the original trespass, I didn't actually want you to give me my sin back; I just wanted to kiss you again."

other than to say I found it here; it was written as a retraction by this person; and I have no idea what he was retracting.

But I found something about the sentiment utterly charming.

Not to mention completely hilarious, at least in the context of the other retractions.

I'm complicated that way.

Go listen to some good music: "Constellation of the Heart" from the album The Red Shoes by Kate Bush.

*substituted 1 T. olive oil for 1 T. butter, half and half for whipping cream, and fresh tortellini for dried. Next time, I'll strain the mushroom water, reduce it to 3/4 c. and add 1/4 c. dry sherry.

**I don't like frisee and used mixed baby greens instead.

See? TOO MUCH EXPLANATION!

No comments: