02 July 2008

The ace of swords / Is there something I should know?

Last month was awful. Awful. Miscommunication. Poor communication. Silence from people I'm working for. Resolution to one of the biggest conflicts came at the literal eleventh hour, late on June 30, but too late for me to follow up on something else I might have done.

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Then there was the stupid stuff. Hideous statues. Silly people. Mean people. Ridiculous graduation.

But that's all done.

Except for one lingering issue, over which I'm completely confused.

Dammit.

When I get to Iceland, I'm going to find myself a nice comfortable rock, and maybe I'll just stay there. I'll sit there until I'm old and grey, become a part of the landscape.

Unless I get eaten by a polar bear first.

Go listen to some good music: "The Ace of Swords" from the album Turn of a Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project. Also: "Is There Something I Should Know?" from the album Duran Duran by Duran Duran. Yeah, quite a doubleheader, but it's been that kind of...uh...year?

No comments: