14 June 2008

Beauty school dropout

I woke this morning with a lighter heart than I've had in some time.

A lighter head, too. Enough with the migraine, already.

So in that vein, something lighthearted.

Let's see what calls my makeup bag home.

I love to buy makeup. I rarely wear it, but don't I have fun buying it!

Perfume: Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon. I'm not crazy about super flowery perfumes, and this is just a bit floral over more oriental notes like cedar and patchouli.

Mascara: Toss up between Dior's Diorshow and Lancome's Definicils. Always black. I have long lashes, but they are about a shade lighter than my hair.

Eyeshadow: I've been wearing MAC's Eye Shadow in Haux for years. Periodically, I switch over to Lancome's Color Design in Dill if I feel the need for a bit of green. I don't care for the racoon look that so many women my age favor, so I don't use much in the way of eyeliner, though once in awhile I will use a little bronze liner on the lower lids. And I always use lid primer.

Concealer: Lancome Maquicomplet in Clair II. I have major circles under my eyes, and lately my bags have had bags. Depending on how bad the bags are (which a little sleep would probably eradicate), I use Bliss Wrinkle Twinkle first. It's so involved being me.

Foundation: I love Smashbox Photofinish primer, or Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (I use both on my eyelids as well). Sometimes...*cough*...it's the only foundation I wear (yeah, I have a lot of bad genes, but I really scored in the skin department. Even at 70, my mother's skin is pretty clear, and she was much worse about sun exposure than I've ever been). When I need a little more help, I go with Lancome's Dual Finish, applied with a makeup sponge.

Blush: Lancome Blush Subtil in Miel Glace most of the time. If I'm feeling really glam, I go with Cedar Rose or Shimmer Mocha Havana.

Lipstick: Laura Mercier Stickgloss in Baked Earth. This thing has lived in the right front pocket of my jeans through countless concerts (alright, not countless; fourteen), causing consternation for security ("what is that?"), never melting (even in 100+ degree temps in Kansas). I will enshrine this tube someday, as it has been a dear and constant companion. I like Lancome's Le Rouge Absolu in Mars, too.

My usual beauty routine? Moisturizer with SPF 15 and Blistix lip balm.

Failure as a girl.

Go listen to some music: "Beauty School Dropout" from the album Grease (Sountrack from the Motion Picture).

No comments: