12 May 2008

The tornado lessons

I'd already written two entries for today when the news item about the EPA testing airborne lead levels in Picher, Oklahoma, after the recent tornado caught my eye. This is the sort of really scary stuff that the public at large doesn't tend to think about, but caused me to hold my breath, literally, when the breeze started blowing dust off the tailings pile I was standing near in Butte, Montana, a few years ago. I watched in horror as children biked and ran in between those piles. I like knowing everything, but there is such a thing as knowing too much. Of course, knowing too much might be the ticket to waking everyone up about the damage that is all around them.

Go listen to some good music: "The Tornado Lessons" from the album Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes) by Cloud Cult.

No comments: