12 May 2008

I'll sleep when I'm dead

Good morning and welcome to this week's edition of "I feel like I've been hit by a truck."

Maybe 12,000 miles and 5 concerts between April 11 and May 11 could be called overkill? Hmmm. No, probably closer to "I'll sleep when I'm dead."

Of course, I burn the candle at both ends and right straight down the middle on Expert.

I love Irvine Meadows, even when it's really cold and raining (alright, it was drizzling, which actually looked pretty cool in the lights). The spouse was very pleased with the tickets I'd gotten, especially since he wanted to sit on that side of the stage.

Forget flowers, chocolates, jewelry, brunches. This mother would much rather be at a concert.



I'd already written this and was debating whether to post it or wait until tomorrow when there's a 30% chance that I'll something closer to awake. Of course, had the music going and was playing Warren Zevon. "'I'll sleep when I'm dead!'" the daughter laughed. "Mommy! That sounds like you!"

Well, there you go.


Go listen to some good music: "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" from the album A Quiet Normal Life - The Best of Warren Zevon by Warren Zevon.

No comments: