23 April 2008

Gimme gimme shock treatment

Me: "So, how did the science fair go?"

The son: "Great! Both my judges showed up at the same time, and I talked for about 20 minutes, and they really seemed to like it."

Me: "Did they ask you many questions? Laugh at the subject matter?"

The son: "No, I guess I explained it pretty well. It was two old guys. One said his wife did all the shopping but he thought that by now, he was pretty good at finding things in fridge."

Me: "Well, that's cool."

We walk up the street, enjoying the lovely day.

Me, sotto voce: "So...when do you find out about State?"

The son: "I don't know. I think the top two in the division go."

Me: "How many in your division?"

The son: "About seven."

He looks at me meaningfully.

Me: "Uh-oh."

The son: "Yeah."

Go listen to some good music: "Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment" from the album All the Stuff (and More), v. 1 by The Ramones.

No comments: