22 March 2008

O Fortuna

One of the most disheartening things to come from trying to do NaBloPoMo this month has been working on a blog post or two for several hours only to reread it and think, "what the heck am I talking about?" or worse, "I really don't want to post that."

It may be that I'm suffering from an acute case of increased self-consciousness. It may be that the internal editor has ratchetted everything up a notch.

It may be that I am intensely bored with myself.

It's true that for the moment, my mind is very much taken up with other matters, things that really aren't bloggable or aren't bloggable yet.

It's also true that while I'm irrationally cheerful and pleased with the state of the weather and the happiness lodged inside my own head, I'm struggling with responding to the state of the world, the sickening violence that seems to pervade everything, and the insanity that is the current economic situation.

So:

Chocolate bunny
Foil-wrapped chocolate eggs
Robin's eggs (malted milk chocolate balls)
Hard boiled eggs
Jelly beans

Because quandries always go down better with something sweet.

Go listen to some good music: "O Fortuna" from the album Orff: Carmina Burana by the London Symphony Orchestra and Richard Hickox. You can listen to "O Fortuna" and other selections from Carmina Burana here.

No comments: