07 February 2008

Under pressure

This is the time of year when the school suddenly ramps up the number of projects that the kids need to complete. This is also the time of year that I get so frustrated with the school that I want to pull the kids out and homeschool instead.

This year is no exception.

I'm a very hands-off parent when it comes to these sorts of things. As I've pointed out to the kids ad nauseum, I've long since graduated from elementary and middle school, and I don't need to do another project. This is their work, not mine.

Blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, now that everyone has recovered from the Noro Week Event, and the Influenza Week Event, and we're plodding through post-surgical recovery, and my ears are still ringing from the 5th & 6th grade Instrumental Concert, I've got about 200 people tromping through my house to look in my refrigerator for the Science Fair (Data Collection Section). Unfortunately, I have had no choice but to be involved in this since 200 people are tromping through my house. Looking in my refrigerator. And someone has to make sure that the interior of my refrigerator looks exactly the same each time someone looks in it.

There's more on the horizon. I can't even bear to think about it at this point, although it is all bearing down on me.

I really need to sleep.

Go listen to some good music: "Under Pressure" by Queen & David Bowie from the album Best of Bowie

No comments: