08 February 2008

Politik

I have to admit that Peggy Noonan has always irked me a bit because she was a cog in the Reagan machine (and if there's any president that I loathed more than Bill Clinton, it was Ronald Reagan), but I cannot dispute that she is a brilliant writer. This morning's opinion piece in the Wall St. Journal was spot on. Of course, the spouse brought it to my attention with glee (he is a closet Republican, after all), and wouldn't let me even get a cup of coffee before he started dancing around the kitchen, singing, "You gotta read it! You gotta read it!"

I tend not to read much in the way of political opinion because it's opinion, and I prefer to find out the facts and form my own opinion. Having said this, I do wonder if anyone has done a study on why so many women dislike Hillary Clinton? As in the article that I cited on Monday, it seems that a lot of better educated women dislike her. Is it because, like me, they recognize her as the sort of "feminist" who will stab women in the back harder to get where she wants to be?

Just a thought.

Go listen to some good music: "Politik" from the album A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay.

No comments: