22 January 2008

Just another nervous wreck

I imagine people must have felt this way in plague times.

When am I going to get it?

I got an email from the mother of another student in the son's class this morning. It turns out that no fewer than 15 of the 26 students in that class (and 1 teacher) were sick all weekend.

The spouse just came home with it. The Man Food gambit didn't quite work. Or worked too well. I'm not sure which.

So, from cautiously hopeful to full of dread.

It's sad, too, because January is when I tend to get excited about cooking again. I've been reading recipes, and feeling experimental. Making dishes I haven't made in awhile. And I just bought a boxful of exotic sauces and spices.

All for naught.

I'm not even sick and I don't want to think about food.

I don't want to think about the son's Science Fair project, either. I don't want to think about where the son is going to high school.

I don't want to think about the daughter's State Fair project.

I don't want to think about a lot of things.

Go listen to some good music: "Just Another Nervous Wreck" from the album Breakfast in America by Supertramp.

No comments: